Innovative teachers prepare students for success by emphasizing 21st
century skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and
collaboration. They motivate their students by creating authentic learning
experiences that are grounded in core academic content and enhanced through
The Innovative Teacher is a professional development model comprised of
on-site coaching and off-site teacher institutes, directed at helping educators
redesign their instruction, engage their students and improve student outcomes.
Complementing the coaching cycle, our Teacher Institutes give teachers
multiple opportunities to learn and share best practices with their peers and
to engage in hands-on learning experiences they can use in their classrooms.
Teaching Matters offers a number of institutes that help teachers move toward
learner-centered pedagogy supported by new technologies.
Innovative Teacher Institutes Include:
- Enhancing Research & Classroom Inquiry with Blogs & Wikis
- Guiding Classroom Inquiry with Google AppsTM
- Supporting Inquiry, Collaboration & Learning Management with
- Using TrackStar to Organize Inquiry
- Encouraging Creativity with Digital Media (Podcasts, Digital
- Creating Performance Assessments to Promote 21st Century
- Using SMARTboard for Differentiating Instruction.
Customized workshops are available on request.